27 August 2008

An interesting link...


Someone sent me an interesting link the other day of a link to MediaStorm's website. 

www.mediastorm.com

I watched three videos there, 'Love in the First Person', 'The Sandwich Generation', and 'The Chernobyl Legacy'. All three were very interesting, and very well done. I was impressed by the quality and presentation of the site as a whole. These kinds of videos are the kind of thing that I really would love to be able to do more of. After watching 'The Sandwich Generation', it renewed that interest in me to spend some time with my Meme and Papa King and write down their stories. I want to do the same with my Grandma and Grandpa, they are just a little harder to get a hold of since they both still work. I have often wondered how a project like that would execute itself and have a purpose for it at the end. I have thought that it would be nice to get my camera paid off and then be able to spend some time with them in the summer. The video of Chernobyl really touches the emotions and creates a longing to speak out for those that can't and to be brave enough to venture into their world, as unfamiliar as it may be. I am trying to get over my fear of what people think of me. I had not realized that it was something that I needed to deal, but it has made itself evident in small ways that I have finally noticed. I want to do the projects I have in my mind with fearless enthusiasm and a courage to say what I want to say. 

No comments: