21 August 2008

Being Lovely


I have always admired Audrey Hepburn. She is just plain lovely. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved the way she walked and talked and most of all the timeless way that she dressed. I had never really wondered where she got her clothes until the other day. That's when I fell in love with vintage Givenchy. Oh, the exquisite fabrics and lines and simple yet elegant details! I suppose I most like Audrey's style because it was so timeless and elegant. Yet, she could be fun and fresh looking. I am of the opinion that you should not make your whole wardrobe a plethora of the mercurial fashions currently "in" at the moment. Every classic woman should have the essentials in her closet and accentuate her style with small details from the current trends. It is of greatest annoyance to me to see so many girls and women looking all the same in some rather unbecoming getup, or worse, in a shocking embarrassment to the female population. Whatever happened to charm, mystery, and grace? Those are things that I absolutely love about Audrey! She carries the same sense of poise and grace even in the candid pictures of her. I think my favorite movie that she was in is Breakfast At Tiffany's. Classic, simply classic.

No comments: