15 July 2008

Cake dreams...


Well, I have been thinking more about the cake decorating business. I think I am going to get some styrofoam to make some dummy cakes to be able to photograph and put up on a website. I have some cute ideas, but just need to find a way for people to be able to see them. I am excited about making some extra money to put towards my camera since I have less hours with work being so slow. I tried some muffin recipes a while back and had fun taking pictures of the finished muffins, although I have an easier time with cakes. They just come more naturally to me. Of the ones that I tried, there was a vanilla cupcake with raspberries that wasn't too sweet that had coconut in it that was good (shown above). I tried an apricot and pistachio muffin as well, but I wanted it to be fluffier. We'll just say that the peach and dried tomato muffins would have been better as just peach muffins. The tops of those were the perfect muffin top though. You could rip them off in one piece and they had just a tad of a crusty edge. I think I am having a hard time starting this little venture up because I have done photo work for people before and they haven't been happy with it. I was talking to my mom and she was telling me about a woman who would rather sell her work than show it, but I am the opposite way. I would rather show work that I am passionate about, and would be open to selling it if someone was interested, but I have a hard time trying to make something to someone else's tastes, not mine. I don't know what my hang-up is. I just really want to keep creating because I want to create, not because I have to. I want people to appreciate my work for what I make it, and not feel like I have to conform to someone else's idea of my work. I want to create like a kid, just because, and to make something that is purely enjoyable. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is making me hungery