17 March 2009

My Review of CamelBak Trinity Hydration Pack - 100 oz. - Women's

REI

The women's CamelBak Trinity hydration pack has a short torso length, but it's tall on cargo capacity for all-day adventures.


Feels like a kid riding piggy back...

az_adventuregirl Carefree, Arizona 3/17/2009

 

5 5

Gift: Yes

Pros: Stable, Comfortable, Good Water Flow, Large Capacity, Easy To Refill, Well designed

Cons: None

Best Uses: Extended Hikes, Day Trips

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven

I tried on this bag last year and had about 30 pounds of bean bags in it at the store. I got it for my birthday and it was the best gift I received! I am 5'4" and 110 pounds and it fit perfectly. To me it felt like I had a little kid riding piggy back on my back and it conformed to my hips and shoulders well. I appreciate the split lumbar belt that relieves pressure from the top of the hip area. I have found that a lot of packs pinch there when a lot of weight is placed in the bag. I have used this bag for numerous things including day hikes, as a regular backpack, and even took it on a two day weekend trip. It holds 100 ounces of water which is a ton, but the padding on the back helps to stabilize the bag so you don't feel the bulge of the water bladder. I love the lined pouch in the top for sunglasses as well. The best feature of this bag as far as space is concerned is that the bag merges into the hip belt creating more space at the bottom of the bag. All in all the Trinity is highly versatile and very rugged. I do a lot of hikes in the Arizona mountains through sharp brush and rocks and this doesn't have even a rip or snag.

()

No comments: