29 June 2009

Matilda's Vintage Closet

Ladies, this is the neatest place ever to go find the best vintage clothing and accessories! I heard about Matilda's from Andie Miller, a girl who I met at the Element. http://www.theelementsite.com/ We decided to go down there on a Saturday. Matilda's is out in Old Glendale in the main street part of town. We tried on a bunch of hats including some vintage swim caps and all kinds of things from cloches to wide brimmed beauties. The way Matilda's new store is laid out, she has almost all of the hats on one wall in the front of the store. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw all of them. You see I am not much of a shoe girl, but put me in with some hats and I'm gone. All of the clothing in the store is arranged according to decade. She has a whole mess of vintage wedding stuff and also a men's section too. After Andie and I got tired of trying on hats, we tried on some clothes. Andie found a great mint green dress with little white polka-dots on it. It fit her perfectly! I tried on a vintage 40's Teena Paige dress and some other things. I also tried on a really amazing black velvet and fur Victor Costa. I just fell in love with it! So without drooling on and on about all of the wonderful stuff at Matilada's, I'll just show it to you!




No comments: