18 September 2007

19th Birthday Commentary


Well, here I am. Nineteen years old and happy to be one year older. I am excited to go new places and do new things, and see what all is going to happen in my young life. I am currently in the process of finding a job, and am also thinking about places to intern and learn about the business of photography. I still really believe that I should go into photojournalistic photography and get all of this travelling out of my system while I am still unattached and young. I still think that I will want to have my own "studio" of sorts someday and take pictures of people in a way that conveys who they really are. I have no idea where all of this is going, but I am excited to be an artist. I am determined not to be a starving artist. I want to share my knowledge of photography with people and maybe someday I'll teach it. I think it would be cool to work for a magazine like National Geographic; someone who I could shoot photos and maybe ever write for that I could make a difference I peoples' lives. I will not be quiet about what needs to be said, even if it's only my photographs speaking. As of now, my interest is not so much political as just curious to know more about the people and places and to make people think about the images that they see, whether film or video, and to examine thier lives and those of the people around them. I am just a seedling in this world and am in a journey to grow closer to God and live a life that glorifies Him.

No comments: